Following on from my previous posts about the autohelm (go read them if you have time!)
We now have a working (but not yet calibrated) drive unit installed! This is very exciting!
The next steps are
- get back down to the boat ASAP (ill health be damned!)
- take the boat out and do the calibration
- Head off on a shakedown sail around the Isle of Wight
I will be looking for volunteers to join me and help me not crash the boat while I’m messing around above and below decks with the various bits of electronics! I’m hoping to be able to do this the end of March if not sooner (subject to surgery and recovery).
The overall cost of the new autopilot has been not short of eye-watering. £7,600 in parts and another £1,500 in labour for the glass work, welding and fitting. It looks like I am going to be working this off for many months to come!
- Margaret Morby (Gold Patron)
- Steve Taylor (Silver Patron)
- JFDI International (Silver Patron)
- Bev Freed
- Robin and Marja Crowther
- Sam Wright
- Martin and Gillian Heath
- John Bointon
- Jack Case
- David Clarke-Williams
- Dan Juan
- Joanne Thompson
- Chris & Colin Turnbull
- Sierra Callaghan
- The Bumbling Sailor